Ellipse 2 Micro Series from SBG Systems is available as an IMU, or as an AHRS or INS running an Extended Kalman Filter and provides high accuracy for volume projects.
The unit is available in three models to best fit your project requirements:
- Ellipse 2 Micro IMU – an inertial measurement unit that includes three gyroscopes, three accelerometers, three magnetometers and a temperature sensor
- Ellipse 2 Micro AHRS – adds an extended Kalman kilter to provide pitch, roll, heave and heading
- Ellipse 2 Micro INS – also connects to an odometer for navigation and a GNSS receiver
The Ellipse 2 Micro Series is suitable for marine, land and aerospace applications.
For marine applications, the micro sensor provides a 5 cm heave that is adjusted automatically to the wave period. Fusion with a GNSS receiver provides a robust position and heave in all conditions.
When used for land applications, fusion with an odometer and a GNSS receiver enables robust position in all conditions (forests, tunnels, urban canyons, etc.). The unit also has specific motion algorithms dedicated to land vehicles and supports the CAN Protocol.
Aerospace applications benefit from the calibration that is done from -40 °C to +85 °C for a constant behavior in all environments. The unit also has high resistance to shock and vibrations (< 2,000 g), while fusion with a GNSS receiver provides high accuracy position and heading.
A development kit consisting of Windows based software and an evaluation board allows for easy integration to your systems. The software offers real-time data visualization and easy configuration through motion profiles, data Analysis by zooming through time, and export to Excel, Matlab and Google Earth formats
- High Performance – 0.1° Roll and Pitch (AHRS & INS models)
- High Quality IMU – Calibrated in Dynamics and Temperature
- 5 cm Real-time Heave (AHRS & INS models)
- Light-Weight – 10 grams
- Connection to external GNSS and Odometer (INS model)
The Ellipse 2 Micro Series from SBG Systems is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.