The Ellipse Development Kit contains the sbgCenter application to visualize real-time sensor or orientation data for each device connected, and the Iron Calibration Tool used to calibrate magnetic sensors included in the Ellipse product range.
The sbgCenter application can be used to:
- Visualize – Display Ellipse sensor data output using any appropriate method, including 2D graphics panels and a 3D view representing the device orientation.
- Configure – Configure connected Ellipse with just a few mouse clicks. All settings can be modified and are displayed in real time.
- Record – Create and playback recordings and use the Time Line Control to analyze a recorded motion by zooming or travelling through time.
- Export – Configure export text file formats to open your recording in third party software such as Matlab, Excel, or CARIS.
- Google Earth – The Google Earth KML plugin can be used to export a recording into a Google Earth application to visualize both 3D orientation and position data.
The Development kit is supplied with very Ellipse sensor and contains:
- The user manual, including a quick start guide.
- The sensor’s calibration report.
- A USB Key that contains the tools and software.
- A USB cable to connect a computer to the sensor.
- Access to firmware updates and technical support.
Support for Multiple platforms
The Software and Development Kit supports most modern platforms, thereby speeding up the development process. The kit uses the sbgECom library to communicate with any Ellipse sensor and is supplied with documentation and source code. The sbgECom library, as well as example source code compile natively on Unix/Linux, Mac OS X and on Windows using Visual Studio. This is made possible by using Makefiles.
The Ellipse Development Kit from SGB Systems is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.