The Ellipse-E Inertial Navigation System (INS) connects to an external GPS to provide pitch, heave, roll and heading data. This small (49 g) and high-performance sensor can be aided by an Odometer to provide outstanding accuracy in stable and challenging conditions. The Ellipse-E runs an Extended Kalman Filter (EFK) which provides accurate real-time navigation and orientation data by fusing aiding and inertial information.
Ellipse-A is ideal for land (working well with external GPS and odometers), aerospace (working well with aircraft GPS and operating in all weather conditions) and marine applications (automatically adjusting to wave frequency and designed to resist water and magnetic interferences). A lighter (12 gram) OEM version of the Ellipse-N is available for users looking for a compact and high-performance solution.
- Roll and Pitch over 360°: 0.2°
- Heading: 0.5°
- Real-time heave (when adjusted to wave period): 10 cm
- Extremely low noise gyroscopes
- A Robust IP 68 enclosure
- Output rate: 200 Hz
- USB, RS-232 and RS-422 interfaces
- NMEA, TSS, ASCII and binary eCom protocols
- 2 year warranty
- Effective vibration rejection
- Extensive testing and calibrating from -40 to 85 °C
- Real-time fusion of GNSS, aiding and inertial data
- Size (L x W x H): 46 mm x 45 mm x 24 mm
- OEM model size (L x W x H): 34 mm x 34 mm x 13 cm
- Weight: 45 g
- OEM model weight: 12 g
- Input voltage: 5 – 36 V
- Pulse inputs: 4
- Pulse outputs: 2
The Ellipse-E Miniature INS offers high performance in a small size. This Inertial Navigation System and accessories are available through Canal Geomatics. For more information, please contact us using the Request Pricing form.