The Ellipse-N Inertial Navigation System (INS) and GPS has an integrated GNSS receiver that provides pitch, heave, roll and heading data. This small (47 gram) and high-performance sensor integrates 3 magnetometers, 3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers through an MEMS-based Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). The Ellipse-N runs an Extended Kalman Filter (EFK) to provide excellent navigation and orientation data by fusing DGPS, Odometer and GNSS information with inertial data.
Ellipse-A is ideal for land (connecting to an Odometer for tunnels, urban canyons and more), aerospace (offering temperature calibration to provide reliable data amid temperature variations) and marine applications (automatically adjusting to wave periods). A lighter (12 gram) OEM version of the Ellipse-N and GPS is available for users looking for a compact and high-performance solution.
- Roll and Pitch over 360°: 0.2°
- Heading: 0.5°
- Real-time heave (when adjusted to wave period): 10 cm
- Extremely low noise gyroscopes
- A Robust IP 68 enclosure
- Output rate: 200 Hz
- USB, RS-232 and RS-422 interfaces
- NMEA, TSS, ASCII and binary eCom protocols
- 2 year warranty
- Effective vibration rejection
- Extensive testing and calibrating from -40 to 85 °C
- Real-time fusion of GNSS, aiding and inertial data
- Size (L x W x H): 46 mm x 45 mm x 24 mm
- OEM model size (L x W x H): 34 mm x 34 mm x 13 cm
- Weight: 45 g
- OEM model weight: 12 g
- Input voltage: 5 – 36 V
- Pulse inputs: 2
- Pulse outputs: 1
The Ellipse-N Miniature INS and GPS offers high performance in a small size. This Inertial Navigation System and accessories are available through Canal Geomatics. For more information, please contact us using the Request Pricing form.