The readily available KVH GEO Fiber Optic Gyro (FOG) 3D Inertial Navigation System (INS) incorporates a 1750 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) core processor that outperforms competing systems with a 10x faster data rate. The GEO FOG 3D integrates a pressure sensor, a dual or single antenna GNSS receiver, 3 axles of magnetometers and 3 low noise MEMS accelerometers into the smallest high-performance FOG in the world.
The GEO FOG 3D doesn’t use the usual Kalman filter, but instead includes a more unique and intelligent sensor fusion algorithm, enabling more data extraction from the IMU core processor. This helps it deliver highly accurate navigation and positioning even when GPS is unavailable, blocked or jammed. The GEO-FOG 3D can provide fast and accurate headings as quickly as 10 seconds from a hot start and 10 minutes from a cold start. Built to ensure reliable and stable data, the GEO FOG 3D is ideal for high demanding applications.
- The GEO FOG 3D INS is readily available
- It has high-performance accelerometers and FOGs with six degrees of freedom
- Users can get more information from the fusion algorithm than a common Kalman filter extracts
- Position accuracy up to 8 mm
- Depending on the antenna variant, it contains dual or triple dual frequency GNSS receivers
- Outperforms competing systems with 10 x faster data rates
- A North-seeking gyrocompass’
- Full GPS, GALILEO, BeiDou and GLONASS support
- Size (L x W x H): 90 mm x 90 mm x 88 mm
- Weight: 655 g
- Roll & pitch accuracy: 0.01°
- Heavy accuracy: 0.02 m or 2% (whichever is greater)
- Heading accuracy: 0.05°
- Operating voltage: 9 to 36 V
- Operating temperature -40° to 75 °C
The GEO FOG 3D INS offers high performance in a small size. This Fibre Optic Gyro and accessories are available through Canal Geomatics. For more information, please contact us using the Request Pricing form.