The SP400X from Handheld is the first and only scan and print solution to integrate a 2D imager inkjet printer and wireless communication. It is designed to simplify logistics operations that currently incorporate high-volume manual scanning and labeling.
The SP400X is an ideal solution for warehousing, package delivery and other logistic type industries. This portable, robust, easy-to-use and high-performance printing solution applies directly to a package or other surface, eliminating the cost and time needed for labeling operations.
The lightweight, hand-mounted SP400X can complete more than 1,250 scans and prints per hour, and operates on a lithium-ion battery capable of delivering up to 5,000 scans and prints per charge.
In typical scan-and-print operations, a user, operating either in a hand-worn mode or using an optional handle mount, points the SP400Xs scanner to a 1D or 2D barcode, postal code or OCR code to capture supply chain management information. The SP400Xs integrated Wi-Fi wireless connection sends the scan data to a warehouse management system and receives data sent back to the device. Once the new information is received, the user rolls the device across the area to be printed, and a fast-drying, smudge-free non-toxic image is applied directly to the package surface.
Designed for rugged, mobile use throughout supply chain environments, the SP400X features 25 mm cube print cartridges designed to output thousands of 0.53 inch x 2 inches (1.5 cm x 6 cm) prints, bringing a number of time and cost saving benefits through direct-on-package printing.
- More productivity and flexibility compared to traditional scan-and-print tools
- Less waste and greater cost savings compared to thermal label printing
- Fast operation: printing and scanning at speeds as fast as 2 seconds per cycle
- Quick-drying, smudge-free printing directly onto plain paper, kraft paper, packing tape, coated labels, polypropylene, polyester or polyethylene plastic
- IP 53 durability rating: Rugged construction for warehouse environments
- Wi-Fi compatibility for integration into existing IT environments
- Finger mount design for ease of use, with hypoallergenic materials for maximum comfort
The SP400X imprinter from Handheld is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.