The AHRS-II-P from Inertial Labs is a next generation of high performance MEMS AHRS that determines absolute orientation (heading/yaw, pitch & roll) for any device on which it is mounted. Orientation is determined with high accuracy for both motionless and dynamic applications.
The AHRS-II-P utilizes 3-axis each of precision accelerometers, magnetometers and gyroscopes to provide accurate heading, pitch and roll of the device under measure. Integration of the gyroscopes’ output provides high frequency, realtime measurement of the device rotation about all three rotational axis.
The accelerometers and fluxgate magnetometer of the AHRS-II-P measure absolute pitch, roll and magnetic Azimuth during the AHRS initial alignment as well as providing ongoing corrections to gyroscopes during operation. The AHRS-II-P offers state-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of robots, UAV, UUV, UGV, AGV, ROV, gimbals and antennas.
One of the key elements to the success of every Inertial Labs AHRS is its use 8 mm fluxgate magnetometers which have distinct advantages over commonly used magneto inductive or magnetoresistive magnetometers. In operation over time and temperature, fluxgate magnetometers have superior stability and repeatability. In terms of sensitivity, fluxgate magnetometers provide up to two orders of magnitude increased sensitivity.
In addition to the performance advantages, unlike the chip-level magnetometer technology, fluxgate magnetometer technology has been depended on for over 70 years to provide an accurate reference to North. It remains the most reliable magnetic sensor technology for determining an object’s heading.
- Highly accurate, sensitive, and temperature stable fluxgate magnetometers (in-house technology)
- Input from external GNSS receiver
- 0.6 deg gyro-stabilized heading and 0.08 deg pitch & roll dynamic accuracy over operational temperature range
- 1 deg/hr gyroscopes bias in-run stability
- 5 μg accelerometers bias in-run stability
- Suitable for primary attitude reference and as motion control system for marine applications
- Embedded 2D and 3D magnetic calibration on hard and soft iron
- RS-232, RS-422, and CAN 2.0 interfaces
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements
- Up to 200 Hz data update rate (AHRS) and 2000 Hz data rate (IMU)
- Compact design, environmentally sealed (IP67)
|Pitch & Roll:||0.05 deg|
|Gyroscope Bias In-Run Stability:||1 deg/hr|
|Accelerometer Bias In-Run Stability:||0.005 mg|
|Size:||120 mm x 50 mm x 53 mm|
|Supply Voltage:||9 – 28 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||1.4 W|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-50 °C to +85 °C|
|Vibration & Shock:||MIL-STD-810G|
The AHRS-II-P MEMS AHRS from Inertial Labs is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.