The OS3DM sub-miniature 3D motion sensor from Inertial Labs comes equipped with an onboard processor and embedded orientation algorithms allowing for direct integration into systems without interfacing a PC. Additionally, for PC-based integrations, the system comes with a set of libraries that allow the customer to modify algorithm and/or sensor parameters on-the-fly to more closely match the needs of individual applications.
Data from the gyroscopes, accelerometers and magnetometers, as well as the internal temperature sensor are gathered and processed by the on-board digital signal processor (DSP). The fusion algorithm processes these data and outputs the final orientation solution directly from the sensor. Data of the following types can be requested: raw inertial sensors data and/or quaternion data.
Each OS3DM module is individually calibrated in a special non-magnetic laboratory where reference accelerations, angular rates, and magnetic fields are applied to the device and measured at constant temperature. Additionally, temperature cycling is performed to obtain temperature calibration parameters for the gyro and accelerometer elements. Once fielded, OS3DM is able to be customer calibrated against soft- and hard-iron interference present in the end application.
- Real-time Heading, Pitch and Roll orientation information
- Sub-miniature size, lightweight and low power consumption
- Static Accuracy better than 0.5 deg in Pitch/Roll and Heading
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of Motion Capture, Training, Head Tracking and Helmets Orientation Systems, micro UAV and small Electro Optical System
- Ideal solution for Medical Training and Virtual Reality Systems
- Gyro-Stabilized Slaved Magnetic Heading
- Embedded 2D and 3D magnetic calibration on hard and soft iron
- Up to 2000Hz output data rate
- OEM version available
- Miniature sonars
- Virtual Reality Systems
- Motion Analysis Systems
- Medical Training and Simulation Systems
- Motion Capture and Head Tracking Systems
- Helmets Orientation Systems
- micro UAV and mini Electro Optical Systems
|Heading:||0.5 ° (static)|
|Pitch & Roll:||0.05 ° (static, constant temp.)|
|Accel Noise:||0.03 mg/√Hz|
|Gyro Noise:||0.009 deg/sec/√Hz|
|Gyro Bias In-run Stability:||< 10 °/hr|
|Size:||21 mm x 15 mm × 7.5 mm (enclosure)|
16 mm x 10 mm × 3.5 mm (OEM)
|Weight:||5 g (enclosure)|
2 g (OEM)
|Supply Voltage:||3.3 to 5.5 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||0.13 W|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 °C to +85 °C|
The OS3DM sub-miniature 3D orientation sensor from Inertial Labs is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.