The versatile CNS-5000 from KVH combines two complementary technologies – KVH’s fiber optic gyro-based inertial measurement unit (IMU) with NovAtel’s OEMV GPS precision receiver technology – within a single enclosure.
The deep coupling of these technologies within the CNS-5000 optimizes the raw GPS and IMU data, delivering a superior position, velocity and attitude solution. Composed entirely of commercial components, the rugged CNS-5000 meets COTS requirements, minimizing the operational complexities for customers whose products cross international boundaries.
In commercial industries like seaport management, surveying, autonomous vehicles, precision agriculture, and guidance operations, it is crucial to know where staff, equipment, and supplies are located at all times and at a moment’s notice. Through its seamless integration of these two highly reliable navigation systems, the CNS-5000 provides the perfect solution to these needs in a groundbreaking low-cost, small form factor solution designed for 3D positioning, velocity, and attitude measurement.
- Deeply coupled integration of GPS/IMU technology within a single enclosure
- Dramatically faster GPS signal reacquisition while maintaining precise inertial navigation.
- Patented Digital Signal Processing (DSP) FOGs for high reliability and stable performance
- Full 100 Hz position, velocity and attitude sensing
- Integrated L-Band tracking capability
- RTK, DGPS, Omnistar, and SBAS positioning modes
- Proven GPS tracking via NovAtel’s OEMV GPS receiver
- Wheel sensor input for ground applications
- Meets Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) requirements
|Size:||6 inches (L) x 6.6 inches (W) x 3.5 inches (H)|
|Signal Tracking||GPS L1, L2
GLONASS L1, L2
|Operating voltage:||+9 to +18 VDC|
|Operating temperature:||-40 °C to +65 °C|
|Waterproof:||MIL-STD-810F, 506.4, Procedure I|
The CNS-5000 INS from KVH is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this unit, please do not hesitate to send us your inquiry by completing the Request Pricing form.