The NovAtel Application Programming Interface (API) is a library of functions that allows developers to create custom applications that interact with the system for which the API is built. The NovAtel API enables developers to create C/C++ applications that can run on a GNSS receiver. These custom applications can extend the functionality of certain models of NovAtels OEM6 and OEMV receivers.
NovAtels API allows users to run custom-built applications on the GNSS receiver, without the need of additional hardware. This not only shortens the development time but also reduces the cost of the system.
- Support multiple priority levels and tasks
- Support mutexes and semaphores
- Support CAN (Controller Area Network) protocol
- Message queuing functionality
- Have control of the GNSS receivers GPIO (General Purpose Input and Output)
- Pulse width modulation control
- Communication ports on the GNSS receiver allows it to communicate with other devices
- Up to 3 virtual ports are available
- Custom applications can be run directly on the GNSS receiver
- Simplify the design of the system and shorten the development time
- Enhance the reliability and accuracy of the GNSS receiver