NovAtel’s addition of the Ethernet port on their receiver board simplifies the system design of GNSS navigation systems by minimizing the amount of required hardware. It allows users to integrate their applications into their GNSS infrastructure easily through standard IP (Internet Protocol), which supports an Ethernet connection of up to 100 Mbps.
The NTRIP architecture is composed of three main components: the caster, the server base and the client rover. The NTRIP caster is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) service that allows the server and clients to communicate with each other. The NTRIP server base feeds GNSS data to a caster for integration into a RTK network or installation of reference stations. The NTRIP client rover gets GNSS data from the caster for RTK positioning using RTK networks or single reference stations.
NovAtel offers both NTRIP server and client functionality on their OEM628 GNSS receiver. This facilitates simple and fast integration of the OEM628 receiver into any NTRIP caster.
- Support connection speed of up to 100 Mbps
- Facilitate simple and fast system integration
- Users can configure and monitor the OEM628 GNSS receiver remotely via the Internet
- Compatible with both NTRIP v1.0 and v2.0
- RTK corrections and reference stations can be accessed easily through NTRIP client
Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol (NTRIP) is an application level protocol used to stream GNSS differential correction data over the Internet. We provide NTRIP server and client functionality on our OEM628 receiver. This allows quick and easy integration into any v1.0 or v2.0 NTRIP caster, ensuring universal support for worldwide GNSS infrastructure for base and rover applications.
Three major software components within NTRIP architecture include:
1. NTRIP Caster: an HTTP Internet service that provides a communication medium between the NTRIP server and NTRIP clients
2. NTRIP Server Base: sends GNSS data to an NTRIP caster for reference station installations or integration into a RTK network
3. NTRIP Client Rover – accesses GNSS data from the NTRIP caster for RTK positioning using single reference stations or RTK networks
For further information on NovAtel NTRIP firmware, please use the Request Pricing form to contact Canal Geomatics.