The NV08C-EVK-CSM evaluation kit from NVS Technologies contains instruments designed for developers of NV08C-CSM systems. Its use allows developers to learn about how the NV08C-CSM functions and then begin to design systems quickly.
The NV08C-CSM is used in navigation systems to determine position (elevation, longitude and latitude), time, and velocity vector from GNSS systems COMPASS, GALILEO, GLONASS, GPS and SBAS anywhere on earth no matter what time.
The evaluation kit enables users to analyze the NV08C-CSM’s different modes of operation and use jumpers for overriding the connection and default configuration diagram. Jumpers and connectors on the NV08CEVK-CSM’s PC board monitor parameters and intermediate signals (such as currents on individual supply inputs, power supply voltages and digital IO states) easily.
External Connectors and Indicators
- RF SMA connector – to active antenna
- PPS SMA connector – for PPS output
- USB port – power supply for EVK-CSM and data I/O from NV085-CSM or UART B component
- COM port (type DRB-9F) – data I/O from NV085-CSM or UART B component
- PWR LED – receiver power indicator (red)
- PPS LED – PPS output (flashing)
- ANT LED – shows connection to active antenna when power use exceeds 1.1mA
- RS button – sends CSM receiver a reset signal. Reset causes EVK-CSM to reestablish default configuration or settings the user set and stored before. Data stored in the non-volatile memory is maintained.
The NV08C-EVK-CSM evaluation kit from NVS Technologies is available through Canal Geomatics. Please submit your inquiry using the Request Pricing form if you would like more information about this evaluation kit.