The PCTEL 12700 series of airborne GPS antennas are robust, rigorously tested and environmentally sealed units suitable for a wide variety of GPS applications, including vehicle tracking, marine and airborne navigation.
These antennas have been tested to five DO-160 environmental test requirements, including:
- Altitude. RTCA/DO-160E, Section 4.6.1, Category F2
- Temperature and Temperature Variation Test. RTCA/DO-160E, Sections 4 and 5, Categories F2 and A
- Humidity. RTCA/DO-160D, Section 6. Category C-External Humidity Environment.
- Mechanical Shock RTCA/DO-160E, Section 7.0, Category B, Operational
- Vibration Test. RTCA/DO-160E, Section 8.0, Curves C, L, M, and Y
They feature a sealed o-ring that protects them against severe environmental conditions for reliable, long-lasting performance. Their radome is constructed of high grade polymer resin for UV and abrasion resistance. They will resist all de-icing fluids, jet fuels, and standard cleaning solvents.
- Tested to stringent standards – Meet DO-160 environmental test requirements and Arinc 743 specifications
- Built to withstand harsh environments and substances: dual o-ring seals, high-grade polymer resin radome and resistance to all de-icing fluids, jet fuels, and standard cleaning solvents
- Available in passive form (no amplifier) or active amplified gain configurations
- Vehicle tracking
- Marine navigation
- Airborne navigation
- Wide variety of other GPS applications
- 1270FW – 26 dB @ 5 V
- 1271FW – Passive
- 1273FW – 35 dB @ 5 V
|LNA Gain:||26 dB @ 5 V (1270FW)|
35 dB @ 5 V (1273FW)
|Frequency Range:||1575.42 ± 10 MHz (GPS L1)|
|Element Gain:||+ 4.5 dBic nominal at zenith|
|Noise Figure:||2.5 dB nominal|
|Current Draw:||≤ 30 mA (1270FW)|
≤ 40 mA (1273FW)
|DC Voltage:||3-9 VDC (working voltage)|
|Nominal Impedance:||50 ohms|
|Polarization:||Right Hand Circular|
|Dimensions:||3.4 in (H) x 2.2 in (W)|
|Weight:||3.6 oz nominal|
|Mount:||Surface mount four hole pattern|
|Temperature Range:||-40 °C to +85°C (operating)|
The 12700 series of airborne GPS antennas from PCTEL are available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.