The Sensonor STIM318 MEMS IMU is small, lightweight, tactical grade IMU that contains 3 high accuracy MEMS-based gyros, 3 high stability accelerometers and 3 high stability inclinometers. Each axis is factory calibrated for bias, sensitivity and compensated for temperature effects to provide high-accuracy measurements.
Measurement data is transmitted as data packages complete with a 32 bit CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) to provide a high level of error checking, flagging any errors detected by the system. The unit can also be configured to only transmit data when triggered by a separate digital input signal.
The IMU can be put in Service Mode that allows users to change configuration parameters. Commands and responses in Service Mode are in ASCII format to provide for using terminal-type software during product integration. Service Mode also enables single measurements and diagnostics to be performed and a higher level of error detection obtained.
The STIM318 also features Bias Trim Offset Mode in which users are able to trim the bias of each of the nine axes individually.
- ITAR Free
- 3 inclinometers for accurate leveling
- Low gyro noise (0.15°/√h)
- Low gyro bias instability (0.003°/hr)
- Low accelerometer noise (0.015 m/s/√h)
- Low gyro bias instability (0.003mg)
- Insensitive to magnetic fields
- Solid state – high reliability
- Continuous self-diagnostics
- Comprehensive evaluation tools available
|Range Gyro:||± 400 °/s (Other ranges available on request)|
|Range Accelerometer:||±10 g|
|Digital Output:||24 bit RS422|
|Size:||44.8 mm x 38.6 mm x 21.5 mm|
|Input Voltage:||5 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||1.8 W|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Mechanical Shock:||1500 g|
- STIM318 EVK USB – STIM318 EVALUATION KIT USB
- STIM318 EVK PCI – STIM318 EVALUATION KIT PCI
The STIM318 MEMS IMU by Sensonor is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.