The Tallysman HC843 dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antenna is designed for precision positioning, covering the GPS/QZSS-L1/L2, GLONASS-G1/G2, Galileo-E1, and BeiDou-B1 frequency bands, including the satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) available in the region of operation [WAAS (North America), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan), or GAGAN (India)]. The HC843 also supports communications over voice and data modems on the Iridium frequency band (1616.0 – 1626.5 MHz).
The HC843 is switchable between the passive Iridium and the active GNSS antenna: an input voltage lower than 5.2 VDC engages the GNSS antenna, while an input voltage of 5.5 VDC and above invokes the passive Iridium antenna.
Weighing only 42 g, The the lightweight and compact HC843 features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications, including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The HC843 features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other nearby in-Band cellular signals.
All Tallysman housed helical antenna elements are protected by a robust military-grade IP67-compliant plastic enclosure. The enclosure’s base provides two threaded inserts for secure attachment, as well as a rubber O-ring around the outer edge to seal the antenna base and its integrated male SMA connector.
An embedded version is also available: HC843E.
- Iridium voice and data applications
- Autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Precision GNSS positioning
- Precision land survey positioning
- Mission-critical GNSS timing
- Network timing and synchronization
- Sea and land container tracking
- Fleet management and asset tracking
- Marine and avionics systems
- Law enforcement and public safety
- Low noise preamp (3.0 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- LNA gain (25 dB typ. | 24 dB min.)
- Low current (GNSS – 23 mA typ. | Iridium – 3.6 mA typ.)
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.5 to 16 VDC
- GNSS mode – 2.5 to 5.0 VDC
- Iridium mode – 5.5 to 16 VDC
- IP67, REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely lightweight (42 g)
- Ideal for RTK and PPP surveying systems
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
- Rugged design, ideal for harsh environments
The HC843 dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antenna from Tallysman is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.