The Tallysman HC843E embedded dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antenna is designed for precision positioning within the GPS/QZSS-L1/L2, GLONASS-G1/G2, Galileo-E1, and BeiDou-B1 frequency bands, including the satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) available in the region of operation [WAAS (North America), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan), or GAGAN (India)]. The HC843 also supports communications over voice and data modems on the Iridium frequency band (1616.0 – 1626.5 MHz).
Weighing only 12 g, The the lightweight and compact HC843E features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications, including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The HC843E is switchable between the passive Iridium and the active GNSS antenna: an input voltage lower than 5.5 VDC engages the GNSS antenna, while an input voltage above 5.5 VDC invokes the passive Iridium antenna.
The HC843E features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other nearby in-Band cellular signals.
Tallysman provides an optional embedded helical mounting ring (PN: 23-0220-0 for the HC843E), which traps the outer edge of the antenna circuit board to the host circuit board or to any flat surface. Tallysman also provides support for installation and integration of embedded helical antennas to enable the integrator to achieve a successful installation and obtain optimum antenna performance.
A housed version is also available: HC843.
- Iridium Voice and Data Applications
- Sea & Land Container Tracking
- Military & Security
- Fleet Management & Asset Tracking
- Marine & Avionics Systems
- Law Enforcement & Public Safety
- Low noise preamp (3.0 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- LNA gain (25 dB typ. | 24 dB min.)
- Low current (23 mA typ. – GNSS | 3.6 mA typ. – Iridium)
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.5 to 16 VDC
- GNSS mode – 2.5 to 5.0 VDC
- Iridium mode – 5.5 to 16 VDC
- REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely lightweight (12 g)
- Ideal for RTK and PPP surveying systems
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
The HC843E embedded dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antenna from Tallysman is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.