The dual-purpose (GNSS and Iridium signal reception) HC860 dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antenna from Tallysman is designed for precision positioning, covering the GPS/QZSS-L1/L2, GLONASS-G1/G2, Galileo-E1, and BeiDou-B1 frequency bands, including the satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS) available in the region of operation [WAAS (NorthAmerica), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan), or GAGAN (India)] and for active Iridium signal reception. The HC860 also supports active Iridium® reception in the 1616.0-1626.5 MHz band.
Weighing only 42 g, the light and compact HC860 features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for many applications, including autonomous vehicle navigation (land, sea, and air), handheld land survey devices, automotive positioning, timing and other precise positioning applications.
The HC860 features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other nearby in-band cellular signals.
Tallysman’s helical family has passed a rigorous 30-hour vibration test procedure, consisting of five cycles of 2-hour tests per axis (x, y, z):
- Cycle 1: 1.05 Grms;
- Cycle 2: 1.20 Grms;
- Cycle 3: 1.35 Grms;
- Cycle 4: 3.67 Grms;
- Cycle 5: 3.67 Grms.
All Tallysman housed helical antenna elements are protected by a robust military-grade IP67-compliant plastic enclosure. The enclosure’s base provides two threaded inserts for secure attachment, as well as a rubber O-ring around the outer edge to seal the antenna base and its integrated male SMA connector.
An embedded version is also available: HC860E.
- Iridium® data applications
- Autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Precision GNSS positioning
- Precision land survey positioning
- Mission-critical GNSS timing
- Network timing and synchronization
- Sea and land container tracking
- Fleet management and asset tracking
- Marine and avionics systems
- Law enforcement and public safety
- Low noise preamp (1.7 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- LNA gain (28 dB typ. | 35 dB typ.)
- Low current (15 mA typ. [28 dB] | 21 mA typ. [35 dB])
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.5 to 16 VDC
- IP67, REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely light (42 g)
- Ideal for RTK and PPP surveying systems
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
- Rugged design, ideal for harsh environments
The HC860 dual-band GNSS/Iridium helical antennaa from Tallysman is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.