The patent-pending HC990E utilizes Tallysman’s latest wideband helical element design. The antenna element provides 70 MHz of signal bandwidth supporting the entire upper GNSS band and L-Band corrections (1536 – 1606 MHz) and 136 MHz of the lower band signal bandwidth (1164 – 1300 MHz). Strong full-band antenna element support is only one aspect of a precision GNSS antenna. The other key component is the axial ratio which is a measure of how well the antenna captures the broadcast Right Hand Circular Polarized (RHCP) signal and mitigates the reflected LHCP signals. The Tallysman HC990E has a high peak gain of 3dBi, full bandwidth and the 0.5 dB axial ratio at zenith mitigating multipath, and enables the antenna to provide a precise phase center.
Weighing only 12 g, the light and compact HC990E features a precision-tuned helix element that provides excellent axial ratios and operates without the requirement of a ground plane, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications, including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
The HC990E features an industry-leading low current, low-noise amplifier (LNA) that includes an integrated low-loss pre-filter to prevent harmonic interference from high-amplitude signals, such as 700 MHz band LTE and other near-band cellular signals.
Care must be taken in installing the HC990E as ground planes below the antenna can affect its tuning. To facilitate a successful installation and optimum antenna performance, Tallysman also provides an Embedded Helical Antenna Installation Guide.
- Autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Precision GNSS positioning
- Precision land survey positioning
- Mission-critical GNSS timing
- Network timing and synchronization
- Sea and land container tracking
- Fleet management and asset tracking
- Marine and avionics systems
- Law enforcement and public safety
- Very low noise preamp (2.2 dB typ.)
- Axial ratio (≤ 0.5 dB at zenith)
- High LNA gain (35 dB typ.)
- Low current (35 mA typ.)
- ESD circuit protection (15 kV)
- Invariant performance from 2.2 to 16 VDC
- REACH, and RoHS compliant
- Extremely light (12 g)
- Excellent RH circular polarized signal reception
- Great multipath rejection
- Increased system accuracy
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- Industrial temperature range
The HC990E embedded full GNSS helical antenna + L-Band from Tallysman is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.