Specifically designed to enhance the signal-to-noise ratio of communications over the Iridium satellite communications network, the TW1600 embedded Iridium antenna has a wide-band, dual-feed patch element that provides excellent axial ratio across the entire Iridium band.
Unlike single feed antennas, the TW1600 provides excellent multi-path rejection and a truly circular transmission response across the full bandwidth.
The TW1600 includes a built-in 35mm circular ground plane but best performance is obtained with this augmented with a local system ground plane or reflecting surface equivalent to 100mm diameter (DC connection not required).
Tallysman offers custom tuning services to optimize the performance of the TW1600 for any OEM installation environment.
- Higher C/No values for Iridium communications
- Sea & Land Container Tracking
- Military & Security
- Fleet Management & Asset Tracking
- Marine & Avionics Systems
- Law Enforcement & Public Safety
- Dual-feed, wide band patch
- Axial ratio, <3 dB over full bandwidth
- High gain 4.5 dBic
- Robust design
- Small form factor
- -40 °C to +85 °C operation
- Better axial ratio at lower elevation angles
- Higher Rx and Tx success rates
- Compact form factor
- RoHS compliant
The TW1600 embedded Iridium antenna from Tallysman is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.
TW1600 – Dual Feed GPS Iridium antenna – 33-1600-xx-yyyy
Where xx = connector type and yyyy = cable length in mm