Ashtech ProFlex Lite Duo
ProFlex Lite Duo is a rugged dual GNSS board enclosure that delivers state-of-the-art RTK accuracy, including heading and relative positioning. It is a powerful cost-effective GNSS sensor designed for seamless onboard system integration.
Note: This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Ashtech Precision products usually ship within 5-10 business days.
Dual GNSS for RTK, Heading and Relative Positioning
ProFlex Lite Duo is available in a variety of configurations to meet up to the most demanding applications needs. Embedded BLADE technology secures the best possible measurements from the GPS, GLONASS and SBAS constellations to deliver outstanding heading and/or relative positioning while securing RTK accuracy and fast initialization. Key features include:
- L1 GPS/GLONASS + SBAS, L1/L2 GPS or GPS/GLONASS + SBAS dual board combinations
- RTK positioning + heading or RTK positioning + relative positioning
- Dual RTK solutions for maximum redundancy, safety or specific heading computation
Heading and Relative Positioning
ProFlex Lite Duo offers powerful real-time capabilities to ideally suit a wide array of precise positioning needs, such as vessel or machine heading determination, antenna pointing, structure deformation monitoring. ProFlex Lite Duo can operate in two different modes:
- Heading: ProFlex Lite Duo delivers accurate heading (0.1° accuracy for a 2-meter baseline), plus pitch or roll. Baseline auto-calibration is fast and secure, relieving users of any tedious pre-adjustments or settings.
- Relative positioning: ProFlex Lite Duo allows a robust moving baseline RTK solution to be computed between two antennas. The resulting centimeter accurate vector can be output to the serial port in an NMEA-like message format.
Connected to an external demodulator (radio, GSM/GPRS), ProFlex Lite Duo will deliver simultaneously to heading or relative positioning, an outstanding RTK precision down to centimeter accurate position if needed, like in machine control, dredging, or mining.
Dual RTK Flexibility
Each GNSS board embedded in a ProFlex Lite Duo can process GNSS data independently. The two boards may be receiving two different sets of corrections to compute two independent RTK solutions while using the same GNSS antenna. This dual RTK processing is ideally suited for positioning back-up on large scale sites with multiple reference stations or for safety reasons such as offshore applications calling for redundancy with the constant collection of two independent fixes.
ProFlex Lite Duo can even provide dual RTK solutions to enable heading computation via specific data acquisition software. The boards will be connected to two different antennas, using the same set of corrections to compute independently two RTK solutions.