Privacy Management Plan
Canal Geomatics Inc. is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need for appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you (customers, partners, suppliers, employees, etc) agree to provide to us.
Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection: The organization collects personal information about individuals (customers, partners, suppliers, employees, etc) in order to better manage its business. The organization will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use/disclosure. The organization will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- Accuracy: The organization will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, the organization will modify the information as required.
- Storage: The organization will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
- Retention: The organization will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. This period may be related to legislation other than PIPEDA (Employment Standards for example).
- Disclosure: The organization will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the effected individual consents.
- Access: The organization promotes individual’s right of access to personal information about themselves. The employer will provide access to information upon request. Access will be provided according to established procedures.
In addition to the care that Canal Geomatics Inc. takes directly, we are also working with all of our partner organizations that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us. Each third party partner has agreed to meet our standards of privacy, confidentiality and security.
All Employees and third party staff who in any way handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
Third Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, performing ad measurement services, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Chief Privacy Officer (CPO)