The OS3D-FG miniature 3D motion sensor from Inertial Labs comes equipped with an onboard processor and embedded orientation algorithms allowing for direct integration into systems without interfacing a PC. Additionally, the OS3D-FG comes with hard and soft 2D and 3D magnetic calibration algorithms make that eliminate the magnetic influence in the magnetic interference environment.
Data from the gyroscopes, accelerometers and magnetometers, as well as the internal temperature sensor, are gathered and processed by the on-board digital signal processor (DSP). The fusion algorithm processes these data and outputs the final orientation solution directly from the sensor. Data of the following types can be requested: raw inertial sensors data and/or quaternion data.
Each OS3D-FG module is individually calibrated in a special non-magnetic laboratory where reference accelerations, angular rates, and magnetic fields are applied to the device and measured at constant temperature. Additionally, temperature cycling is performed to obtain temperature calibration parameters for the gyro and accelerometer elements. Once fielded, OS3D-FG is able to be customer calibrated against soft and hard-iron interference present in the end application.
- Fully calibrated in operational temperature range
- Real-time Heading, Pitch and Roll orientation information
- Small size, lightweight and low power consumption
- 0.8 deg Heading and 0.1 deg Pitch & Roll dynamic accuracy
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic motions of Robots, micro UAV, small UUV, small Gimbals and Antennas stabilization
- Ideal solution for Free Space Tracking Systems
- Gyro-Stabilized Slaved Magnetic Heading
- Embedded 2D and 3D magnetic calibration on hard and soft iron
- Environmentally sealed (IP67)
- Affordable price
- Digital inclinometers
- Miniature sonars
- Small gimbals and EOS stabilization
- Marine antenna stabilization systems
- Motion Capture Systems
- Training, Simulation and Head Tracking Systems
- Helmets Orientation Systems
- Quadrotor Helicopters and micro UAV
- Small Unmanned Underwater Vehicles, ROV
|Heading:||0.5 ° (static)|
|Pitch & Roll:||0.08 ° (static)|
|Accel Noise:||0.045 m/sec/√hr (VRW)|
|Gyro Noise:||0.36 deg/√hr (ARW)|
|Gyro Bias In-run Stability:||< 8 °/hr|
|Size:||45 mm x 16 mm × 14.5 mm|
|Supply Voltage:||3.3 to 5.5 VDC|
|Power Consumption:||0.15 W|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-45 °C to +90 °C|
The OS3D-FG miniature 3D orientation sensor from Inertial Labs is available through Canal Geomatics. If you would like more information about this product, please feel free to get in touch with us by completing the Request Pricing form.